Preschool Program Information/Updates
Our goal is to encourage children ages 3-5 to become enthusiastic learners, responsible stewards of the environment and to learn cooperation and confidence. We strive to do this in the context of a fun, learning and caring environment that will include the five major developmental areas- Physical well being, emotional and social development, intellectual development, cognitive learning and creativity.
Children completing the preschool program will be well prepared for entering kindergarten as we follow the guidelines of the Maine Early Childhood Learning Guidelines.
Learning Sprouts daily schedule will include:
- 8:40am-9:00 am Welcome, Community Circle
- 9:00am-9:15am Opening activities -pledge/calendar/weather
- 9;15 am- 9:45 am. Literacy centers
- 9:45am-10:00 am Snack Time
- 10:00am-10:40 am Math Centers
- 10:40am-11:00 Free Choice Time
- 11:00- 11:20 Music and Movement
- 11:20am-noon- Closing Circle followed by outdoor activity weather permitting.
** Also planned: field trips, nature walks, birthday
celebrations and holiday events. **
Openings are available to all. Your child need not be a Little Sprout Daycare attendee to register for the preschool program. There are, however, limited openings in the childcare program as well.
Please contact Little Sprouts to reserve a slot for Sept. 2013 school year. firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 207-721-0052
We would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in registering your child for preschool at Little Sprouts,
or simply want more information, please complete the form below.